Hi, I have a vRops 8.5, and I would like to show you how we can reset the root password.
- Log into the vRealize Operations admin UI as the local admin user.
- Select the desired node and click Take Node Offline/Online.
Note: If using a single node cluster, click Take Offline under Cluster Status.
- In the vSphere Client, open the console of the desired node.
- With the console open, restart or power on the virtual machine.
- Type the letter e to go to the GNU GRUB edit menu.
- When the GRUB loader menu appears, immediately use the up and down arrow keys to navigate to the end of the line that starts with Photon OS or linux for new 8.x deployments.
- Add a space, then type rw init=/bin/bash which adds another option to the line.
8. Press F10.
Note: The virtual appliance starts in single-user mode.
- Type passwd root and follow the prompts to create a new root password.
Note: If the above command fails, try running sudo passwd root instead.
10. reboot your server.