Hi, today I created an Event database to log Horizon events to a SQL Server instance, making the event data available to analytics software. For example, you can ﬁnd the following types of events in the database:
- Alerts that report system failures and errors
- End-user actions, such as logging and starting desktop and application sessions
- Administrator actions, such as adding entitlements and creating desktop and application pools
- Statistical sampling, such as recording the maximum number of users over a 24-hour period.
Prerequisites for Setting Up the Events Database
- SQL Server instance – This is the database server on which you will create the Events database.
- Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server Configuration Manager
- SA credentials – To create the necessary logins for the database, you will log in to the SQL Server instance as the sysadmin (SA) or as a user account with SA privileges.
How to install and configure the Events Database?
1- Click on SQL Server Installation and then Click on New SQL server
2- Select Specify a free edition or Enter your product key
3-Acept license Term
5-Select Default and Next
6- Default Server Configuration and Next
7- Select Mixed Mode and enter a password for sa username and add domain administrator account for SQL server administrator
8- Click on Install
10-Install Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
11- In the Object Explorer, right-click Databases, and select New Database from the submenu. Name the database and click OK.
12- My Database name is Horizon