Hi, Today I want to config an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool.
Deploy an Instant-Clone Desktop Pool
1- In the Horizon Console, navigate to Inventory > Desktops, and click the Add button.
2- In the Add Pool wizard that opens, with Type selected in the left pane, select Automated Desktop Pool, and click Next.
3- On the vCenter Server page, select Instant Clone, and click Next.
4-On the User Assignment page, select Dedicate and click Next.
Instant-clone pools can use either Dedicated or dedicated user assignments.
- Dedicated assignment – Each desktop is assigned to a speciﬁc user. A user logging in for the ﬁrst time gets a desktop that is not assigned to another user. The user always gets this same desktop after logging in, and this desktop is not available to any other user.
- Floating assignment – Users get a random desktop every time they log in. When a user logs out, the desktop is deleted. With automatic deletion, you keep only as many VMs as you need at one time.
5- On the Storage Optimization page, select Use separate datastores for replica and OS disks, and click Next.
6- On the Desktop Pool ID page, complete the settings, as follows, before clicking Next:
7- On the Provisioning Settings page, complete the settings, as follows, before clicking Next:
- Naming Pattern – I use ِDP-0.
- Provision Machines – Select All Machines Up-Front
- Desktop Pool Sizing – Set Maximum Machines to 3, and set spare (Powered On) Machines to 1.
- Use the defaults for the other settings.
- 8- On the vCenter Settings page, complete the Default Image settings, as follows:
- a. For the Parent VM in vCenter setting, click Browse to select the golden Windows 10 VM you created
- b. For the Snapshot setting, click Browse to select the snapshot you created as part of the prerequisites, and click Submit.
9- In the Virtual Machine Location section, click Browse to select a VM folder if you created one as described in the prerequisites for this exercise.
10- In the Resource Settings section, click Browse to select the appropriate vCenter resource for each setting.
As with the other settings on this page, to complete each setting, you will select from the resources that are already set up in your vCenter Server and that are specific to your environment.
Important: For the Network setting, leave the default, which means the Use network from current parent VM image check box is selected.
11- With the vCenter Settings page completed, click Next.
12- On the Desktop Pool Settings page, leave the defaults and click Next.
13- On the Remote Display Settings page, select the Allow Session Collaboration check box, and click Next.
14- Complete the Guest Customization page, as follows:
15- On the Ready to Complete page, click Submit.
You are returned to the Inventory > Desktops page, called Desktop Pools.